BELGAN BV with registered seat at Westerring 15, 9700 Oudenaarde, BELGIUM, Company number/VAT BE 0477.511.994 is the owner and responsible party of this Site: belgan.com (“Site”) and the webforms or portals on the Site, if any. BELGAN is the controller of your personal data.
You are advised to read BELGAN’s Cookie Statement to understand how BELGAN will, via Cookies collect, transfer, disclose, process, and use your personal data when using the BELGAN website. This Cookie Statement complements the Data Protection Statement.
BELGAN respects the protection of personal data, individual privacy and values the confidence of its customers, employees, suppliers, contractors, business partners, and the public.
That is why BELGAN strives to collect, use, and disclose personal data in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business. We want to protect the data of our customers, personnel, subcontractors, and suppliers, among others, against loss, leaks, errors, unauthorized access or unlawful processing.
We want to inform you about the collection and processing of your personal data by means of this Data Protection Statement.
This Data Protection Statement addresses information we collect from candidates for employment when they respond to job openings. It explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it. BELGAN’s Corporate Data Protection Statement can be found here (link). The Corporate data Protection Statement complements this Data Protection Statement for Recruitment.
We ask that you read this Data Protection Statement carefully, as it contains essential information about how your personal data is processed and for what purpose. You are not obliged to disclose your personal data, but you understand that the provision of certain services, customer support or other assistance becomes impossible if you do not consent to its collection and processing.
We kindly point out to you that you are responsible for all personal data you provide to us and that we rely on its accuracy. If your personal data is no longer up to date, please inform us immediately.
This Data Protection Statement was prepared in implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (“”GDPR”) more specifically Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, entered into force from 25/05/2018 as well as the Belgian personal data Protection Act (the Act on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of personal data of 30 July 2018).BELGAN is committed to being compliant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the local data protection legislation in Belgium. For more information about the applicable laws regarding data protection, please consult: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/citizen
The management of BELGAN recognizes the importance of identifying and protecting the information assets of the organization, avoiding destruction, improper disclosure, improper modification or unauthorized use of any information relating to its customers, employees, pricing, strategy, management, or other related concepts.
BELGAN is therefore committed to developing, implementing, maintain and continually improve its information security management system in order to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of personal data and information in general.
Error or vulnerability report
Despite the care we take to secure our systems, errors or vulnerabilities may happen. In case you see an error or a vulnerability, please inform us thereof so that we can remediate. You can report a security issue to our privacy office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookie controls are described in our Cookie Statement (link).
From whom do we collect data?
Which personal data do we collect and process?
Personal data that BELGAN collects may include:
- your name, business title, contact details such as telephone, mobile, or fax, email and/or postal address when you communicate electronically, by telephone, or in writing with any BELGAN employee or representative.
- additional information provided by application, such as a CV, resume, or transcripts, employment references and related information.
- interviewer or recruiter notes from their communications with you.
- compensation requests.
- your consent to BELGAN’s processing of your personal data, if applicable.
In addition, BELGAN may collect information from third parties (for example but not limited to recruitment agencies, referrals, career platforms, professionally oriented social media, etc.), for example, in connection with a background or employment check and/or an employment reference, as far as possible and permitted under applicable law.
We do not process special categories of personal data of candidates.
We kindly remind you that you are responsible for all data you provide to us and that we rely on its accuracy. If your data is no longer up to date, please inform us immediately.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data in variety of ways directly from you:
- When you communicate your personal data verbally or in writing to us, included via your CV.
- When you visit our website.
- When you contact us via a webform.
- When you contact us via e-mail, postal services, social media or telephone.
We collect thus personal data both when you give it to us verbally, when you send us documents and when you do it digitally, as well as when we look for it through public channels (such as the Belgian Official Gazette, Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, National Bank, etc.) and professional social media (such as Linkedin).
BELGAN may also collect other information through your interaction with us and non-BELGAN websites, which does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. Other information may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, statistical and aggregated information.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from personal data.
How BELGAN uses your personal data
We process your personal data in different ways and for various purposes. When processing them, only those personal data are processed which are necessary for the intended purposes. The purposes for which we process data may vary depending on the person from whom and about whom we process personal data.
BELGAN uses the data it collects online or offline from candidates for the following purposes:
- to recruit suitable personnel and collaborators to operate our business.
- to populate its reserve list of candidates and manage all collected candidate personal data with the use of IT systems.
- to support or evaluate our recruitment process.
- process online applications for job vacancies and spontaneous job applications
- to manage BELGAN’s recruiting and hiring processes, and for compliance with corporate governance and legal and regulatory requirements. If you are hired, the information may be used in connection with employment and corporate management.
- to send professional communications, including promotional communications regarding job opportunities, surveys, or events
BELGAN may process your personal data under the following legal bases:
- Consent – when you give your explicit consent on our website, for example when you file and send BELGAN your candidature for a job opening.
- Compliance with a legal obligation – BELGAN may be required by law to process personal data for a legally defined purpose.
- Legitimate interests – BELGAN may process personal data without your explicit consent if BELGAN has a genuine and legitimate business reason unless this is outweighed by harm to your rights and interests. For Recruitment BELGAN’s legitimate interests are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of candidates for employment and progress their application.
BELGAN commits to using all personal data only in a fair and lawful manner, in accordance with applicable data protection laws for both collection and processing. Personal information submitted by an candidate to BELGAN will only be used by BELGAN to support the recruitment process and for recruitment purposes only. candidate personal data will not be sold to any third party. candidate personal data will be kept as accurate as possible and as necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
Profiling and recording
We confirm that the processing of personal data does not include profiling and that you are not subject to fully automated decisions.
When you contact BELGAN by telephone, this telephone call may be recorded. We record these telephone calls for educational, quality and security reasons. Only a limited number of employees in the customer service department have access to the recordings. Telephone recordings are automatically deleted after 30 days.
Why we share personal data
BELGAN may disclose certain candidate personal data to a supplier, partner, or consultants to provide services which require the use and/or creation of candidate personal data for the purposes described in this Data Protection Statement and in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In these limited instances, selected third parties may access candidate personal data. All such third-party recipients will be bound to strict standards of security, confidentiality, and secrecy.
BELGAN will disclose candidate personal data if this is required by law, by government authorities or in cases where it is obliged to do so to protect its rights in accordance with applicable laws.
candidate personal data will be available to all BELGAN recruiters.
BELGAN may disclose and transfer personal data to IT providers, subcontractors and other external service providers that assist in the operation of our website, or any software used in the processing of candidate personal data, such as our applicant tracking system (ATS), Zoho Recruit.
BELGAN may disclose and transfer personal data to a third party in connection with a merger and acquisition or other similar activity.
Where do we store and process your personal data?
Personal data collected by BELGAN may be stored and processed in the European Union (mainly in Belgium) or in any other country where BELGAN or its affiliates, subsidiaries, outsourcing partners or service providers maintain facilities. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this Data Protection Statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located. Processing may be carried out by service providers outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area to other countries, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts (EU Standard Contractual Clauses), to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data? Retention of personal data
We will retain your personal data if they are necessary for the legitimate purpose for which they were obtained, to ensure good recruitment practices.
Candidate personal data protected under GDPR will be retained for up to two years after completion of the recruitment process. After the retention period the candidate personal data will be deleted.
For statistical, analytical, and business intelligence purposes, we may retain anonymized or pseudonymized data after this retention period.
Technical and organizational measures
We take steps to ensure that the personal data we collect under this Data Protection Statement is processed in accordance with the provisions of this Data Protection Statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the personal data is located. We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or access by unauthorized third parties. Our security measures are constantly being improved in line with technological developments. We take the necessary technical and organizational measures to process your personal data with an adequate level of security and to protect them against destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or accidental disclosure to third parties, as well as any other unauthorized processing of these personal data.
BELGAN is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
BELGAN is also committed to reducing the risks of human error, theft, fraud, and misuse of BELGAN facilities. BELGAN’s efforts include making staff aware of security policies and training them to implement them. BELGAN employees are required to maintain data confidentiality. Employee obligations include written confidentiality agreements, regular training on information protection and compliance with company policies regarding the protection of confidential information.
BELGAN quickly evaluates and responds to incidents that cause suspicion of unauthorized processing of personal data. If BELGAN determines that your personal data has been misused (including by an BELGAN employee) or otherwise wrongfully obtained by a third party, BELGAN will immediately report such misuse or data breach to you.
BELGAN will conduct compliance audits on an annual basis. Any employee caught by BELGAN not complying with the data protection policy is in violation of the Data Protection Statement and will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. Any third party who violates this Data Protection Statement will be required by all agreements with BELGAN to indemnify and hold BELGAN harmless for claims relating to such violations.
We take the necessary technical and organizational measures to process your personal data to an adequate level of security and to protect them against destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or accidental notification to third parties, as well as any other unauthorized processing of these data.
Under no circumstances, shall however BELGAN be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the incorrect or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
Your rights as a data subject: you can access and control your personal data!
In accordance with and subject to the conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation Implementation Act and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, we inform you that you have the following rights:
- Right of access and inspection: you have the right to inspect, free of charge, the data that we hold about you and to check what it is used for.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to obtain rectification (correction) of your incorrect personal data, as well as to complete incomplete personal data.
- Right of deletion or limitation: you have the right to request us to delete or limit the processing of your personal data in the circumstances and under the conditions laid down by the General Data Protection Regulation. We may refuse the deletion or restriction of any personal data which is necessary for us to fulfil a legal obligation, the performance of the contract or our legitimate interest, and this for as long as these data are necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Right to transferability of data: You have the right to obtain the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common, and machine-readable form. You have the right to transfer these data to another data controller.
- Right of objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. Please note, however, that you cannot object to the processing of personal data which is necessary for us to fulfil a legal obligation, the performance of the contract or our legitimate interest, and this for as long as these data are necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Right of withdrawal of consent: If the processing of personal data is based on prior consent, you have the right to revoke this consent. This personal data will then only be processed if we have another legal basis for doing so.
- Automatic decisions and profiling: You may object to profiling and fully automated decisions.
You can exercise the rights by contacting BELGAN via email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern or a question for the Data Protection Officer of BELGAN, please contact us by using the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to questions or concerns within 30 days:
We make every effort to handle your personal data in a careful and legitimate manner in accordance with the applicable regulations. Nevertheless, if you believe that your rights have been violated and if you do not find an answer to your concerns within our company, you are free to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Data Protection Authority
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35
You may additionally address a court if you believe that you will suffer damage as a result of the processing of your personal data.
Changes to this Data Protection Statement
We will update this Data Protection Statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our services. When we post changes to this Data Protection Statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the Data Protection Statement. If there are material changes to the Data Protection Statement or in how BELGAN will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this Data Protection Statement to learn how BELGAN is protecting your information.